Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The next generation - Part 2

On the 17th of September I welcomed my dream bay filly, Tyra, into the world. For me, it was nothing less than love at first sight. A gorgeous filly with the same red bay coat as her dad, Jim, topped off with a pretty white stripe and four neat white socks. Her mother, Rose, is a 1/2 sister to my previous mare Opal and has successfully completed three 80km rides and produced four talented foals before she ended up with me. Tyra is almost 4 months old now and growing like a weed. She's already considerably taller than her cousin Taliah was at the same age and it doesn't look like she has plans to stop growing any time soon. Tyra certainly lives up to her name with her supermodel looks and catwalk strut. The next three years before I can ride her are going to drag by, but luckily I've got her cousin Taliah to keep me busy while I'm waiting.

Tyra striking a pose with her mum Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment